The Faculty of Law, Universitas Brawijaya, was originally called the College of Law and Community Knowledge (PTHPM) which was established on July 1, 1957 on the initiative of the Malang Higher Education Foundation (YPTM). Faculty of Law and Public Knowledge (FHPM) Universitas Brawijaya based on Presidential Decree Number 59 of 1982 dated September 7, 1982 changed its name to Faculty of Law, Universitas Brawijaya. The Faculty of Law has one department, namely the Department of Law. Currently, the Faculty of Law manages three levels of education.
All study programs have been accredited A and accredited B for the Doctoral Study program and the Jakarta class Doctoral study program. In addition, the Undergraduate Study Program has received AUN QA certification.