Research and Community Service'S PROFILE
History of the Formation of Research and Community Service
The Agency for Research and Community Service (BPPM), was first established under the name Research Supervisory Agency (BPP). In 2009, through the Dean’s Decree Number: 158/SK-FH/2009 BPP was replaced by the Research and Cooperation Advisory Agency (BPPK). Then in 2015 BPPK was replaced by the Research and Community Service Advisory Agency (BP3M). And through the Dean’s Regulation of the Faculty of Law Number 3 of 2019, concerning Organization and Work Procedures (OTK) stipulates that BPPK be changed to the Agency for Research and Community Service (BPPM). Currently BPPM has a wider scope than before, namely carrying out coordination, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of research activities, community service, and also cooperation within the Faculty of Law, both at the National and International levels.
The Chairperson of the Head of BPP/BPPK/BP3M/BPPM
|1997 – 2001||Badan Pengelola Penelitian (BPP)||Ummu Hilmy, S.H., M.H.|
|2001 – 2005||Badan Pengelola Penelitian (BPP)||Dr. Istislam SH., M.Hum.|
|2005 – 2009||Badan Pertimbangan Penelitian dan Kerjasama (BPPK)||Dr. Tunggul Anshari, S.N., S.H., M.H.|
|2009 – 2011||Badan Pertimbangan Penelitian dan Kerjasama (BPPK)||Dr. Jazim Hamidi, S.H., M.H.|
|2011 – 2015||Badan Pertimbangan Penelitian dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat (BP3M)||Prof. Dr. I Nyoman Nurjaya, S.H., M.S.|
|2015 – 2019||Badan Penelitian dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat (BPPM)||Dr. Moh. Fadli, S.H., M.Hum.|
|2019 – 2020||Badan Penelitian dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat (BPPM)||Dr. Hanif Nur Widhiyanti, S.H., M.Hum.|
|2020 – 2023||Badan Penelitian dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat (BPPM)||Afifah Kusumadara, S.H., LL.M., SJD.|
To make BPPM FHUB capable of carrying out research programs, community service, and collaboration in order to realize a leading FHUB, and with international standards, as well as producing graduates who are academically capable, professional, humanist, ethical, and religious.
- Improving the quality and quantity of research, scientific work, community service, and international cooperation.
- Improving the quality and quantity of research, scientific work, and collaboration in accordance with the needs of stakeholders and the community.
- Improving governance and follow-up cooperation with various domestic and foreign institutions that are more relevant and support the plan to achieve international standard faculties
Based on Article 39, Regulation of the Dean of the Faculty of Law Number 3 of 2019, concerning Organization and Work Procedures (OTK), BPPM has the following functions:
- improving the quality and quantity of research, scientific work, community service, and national and international cooperation;
- preparation of BPPM plans, programs and budgets;
- implementation of scientific research, community service, and faculty cooperation;
- coordination of the implementation of activities, community service, and cooperation;
- implementation of research results publication, community service, and cooperation;
a. implementation of cooperation in the field of research and community service with universities and/or other institutions both domestically and abroad;
b. monitoring and evaluating the implementation of research activities, community service, and faculty cooperation; and
c. periodic reporting to the Dean.
BPPM Work Program
The following is the agenda for the BPPM FHUB work program, including:
- To streamline the agenda of setting, formulation, implementation and evaluation of research policies at the Faculty of Law, Universitas Brawijaya.
- Efficiency of research resources in the Faculty of Law, Universitas Brawijaya.
- The effectiveness and efficiency of achieving research objectives at the Faculty of Law, Universitas Brawijaya.
- Directing all research activities at the Faculty of Law, Universitas Brawijaya in accordance with the Master Plan for Research Universitas Brawijaya
- Provide guidance and consideration to internal and external stakeholders for proposals for implementation and research collaboration.
In accordance with the rules of strategic management, goals are things to achieve the vision that has been set. The targets of Research Implementation, PKM and Cooperation in UB’s Faculty of Law are:
- Determination of the basis, namely the basis of achievement.
- Determination of the required resources.
- Resource allocation.
- Determination of the implementation time schedule.
- Monitoring and evaluation
Themes in the Research Master Design
For the year 2021-2025, Universitas Brawijaya sets the main direction in supporting the university’s ranking target globally. Leading Research Universitas Brawijaya consists of 10 excellent fields, including the following fields:
- Social, Humanities, and Education
- Renewable energy
- Creative Economy
- Food Security and Independence
- Health, Nutrition, and Medicine
- Disaster and Environment