The research team from various development centers at the Faculty of Law, Universitas Brawijaya who is still actively conducting research activities produces studies that focus on:
- Research, education and training, consultation, and policy advocacy in the context of local government administration.
- Labor law studies related to industrial relations issues.
a study of legal developments in the realm of State Administrative Law both on a national and international scale.
- Scientific studies related to agrarian issues, conducting research and providing agrarian assistance and consultation for people in need.
- Reviewing laws and regulations, providing assistance to cases related to gender issues, empowering women, strengthening women’s organizations from local to national levels and conducting research on gender issues.
- Scientific studies related to the development of human rights and democracy.
- Develop studies and legal products and policies in the field of Mining and Energy Law, in addition to providing training and consultation in making regulations and planning in these fields.
- Studies related to the development of the constitution and democracy in Indonesia and the promotion of the constitutional rights of citizens are based on four pillars: Pancasila, the 1945 Constitution, the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia and Bhinneka Tunggal Ika. In addition, it also conducts research on Regional Regulations and provides assistance in making Regional Regulations.
- Studies in the realm of Criminal Law and crimes and terrorism both on a national and international scale, as well as providing assistance and conducting research.
- Studies related to the preparation of laws and regulations to the community.
- Multidisciplinary legal studies, using similar social science approach methods such as anthropology, psychology, economics, sociology in trying to find a humanist legal format.
- Studies, research, and community service in the field of marine-oriented development, being a partner of the government and other stakeholders, providing training for researchers and stakeholders, providing services and assistance to fishermen.
Within the Faculty of Law there is also a Study Group, which is an institution under BPPM in the field of Research and Community Service within the Faculty of Law. This study group has the task of developing the knowledge of lecturers and their members through assessment, research, and community service.
- research and scientific development of lecturers and their members:
a. providing information and equal opportunities for lecturers to develop their potential;
b. facilitate lecturers in developing their interests and potentials; and
c. equal distribution and openness of opportunities in the development of lecturers’ potential.
- community dedication;
- cooperation both at home and abroad.
- Regional Autonomy Development Center (PPOTODA);
- Center for the Development of Labor and Employment Law;
- Center for Development of Law and State Administration (PPHAN);
- Center for Agrarian Law Development (PPHA);
- Center for Legal and Gender Development (PPHG);
- Center for the Development of Human Rights and Democracy (PPHD);
- Center for the Study of Mining Law and Energy Law;
- Center for Constitutional Development (PPK);
- Center for Transnational Studies and Terrorism;
- Center for Skills Education and Legislation Design (P2KP3);
- Centre for Socio-Legal Studies; and
- Indonesian Center of Ocean Governance (ICOG).