Since its inception in 2020, DOMANI has aimed to provide law students around the world with initial capacity-building in advocacy skills in international dispute resolutions.
This year, the workshop will continue to provide initial capacity-building in advocacy skills, with emphasis on international arbitrations and mediations. Papers have been provided for two fictional hearings: Adam Smith v George Wong and Adventure World Limited, and Bohemian Cars v Orange Autos NV. The exercises will provide student-advocates with the simulated experience of two disputes, one of which is an international commercial arbitration under the Rules of the International Chamber of Commerce. A mediation session will also be conducted for the case of Bohemian Cars v Orange Autos NV on the final day of DOMANI 2023.
This workshop is also intended to foster cross-cultural collaboration and networking for future leaders in international dispute resolution. On the last day, delegates from each university will share on a topic on international dispute resolution, arbitration and mediation from their home jurisdiction.
The International Relation Office (IRO) would like to invite Brawijaya law students to participate in the 2023 DOMANI Workshop. It will give the opportunity to them to learn and practice the techniques of capacity-building in advocacy skills, with emphasis on international arbitrations and mediations. The workshop will be tutored by internationally well-known and experienced lawyers, mediators, arbitrators, and law lecturers.
The 2023 DOMANI Workshop will be held at the Doshisha University Kyoto, Japan on 19, 20 & 21 September 2023.
THE BRAWIJAYA PARTICIPANTS
A maximal of 4 participants (undergraduate students) will be selected and receive funding from the Faculty of Law, Brawijaya University for the following expenses:
- Round-trip airline ticket
- Accommodation and meal allowance in Kyoto during the Program
(Students must bear the cost of visa application)
The applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate law students of the years 2019 until 2021
- Prohibited to graduate and take the comprehensive/final exam until the end of the Program on 30 September 2023 (please complete and sign “Surat Perjanjian” provided in the link below)
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 (proven by a legalized transcript)
- At least two years old TOEFL score of min. 550 (or equivalent) issued by an institution recognized by the Universitas Brawijaya
- Have a valid passport until March 2024
- Pass the selection and interview process
- Submit Surat Perjanjian, the latest academic transcript, English Proficiency score, surat izin orang tua, motivational letter and a copy of ID page of your Passport no later than 28 July 2023 via google form. See link below: https://s.ub.ac.id/pendaftarandomani2023
For more information of the program, please download the Explanatory Note and Provisional Program here
Registration Deadline: 27 July 2023
Desk Evaluation: 28 July 2023
Result of Desk Evaluation on Faculty’s website: 29 July 2023
Interview: 31 July 2023
Final Results: 2 August 2023
International Relation Office
Faculty of Law, Universitas Brawijaya
Email : email@example.com
mobile : 081235123649 (Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (except National Holidays)