BANNER-INSIDE-HISTORY

SEJARAH FAKULTAS HUKUM 

Faculty of Law, University of Brawijaya (Fakultas Hukum Universitas Brawijaya / FHUB) initially named College of Law and Society Knowledge (Perguruan Tinggi Hukum dan Pengetahuan Masyarakat / PTHPM) was established on July 1957 from the initiative of Malang College Foundation (Yayasan Perguruan Tinggi Malang / YPTM). On the next development, with the approval of Malang Representative Council, PTHPM was acknowledged owned by Kotapraja Malang and is a part of Universitas Kotapraja Malang.

The official inauguration was held on July 1st, 1960 on the third anniversary of PTHPM. On 1961, Universitas Kotapraja Malang, which at the time has three Faculties, Faculty of Law and Society Knowledge, Faculty of Commercial Administrative (later on changed into FKK and now become Faculty of Administrative Science) and Faculty of Agriculture, changing the name into University of Brawijaya and adding new faculty, with the addition of Faculty of Economics which was established by Malang Economics Colleges Foundation (YPTEM) on 1957. Finally there was a merger of YPTM and YPTEM into University of Brawijaya Malang Foundation. University of Brawijaya was inaugurated as state university on January 5th 1963 through the letter of Ministry of University and Knowledge Number 1/1963.

Since then, the Faculty of Law and Society Knowledge (FHPM) University of Brawijaya become one of the State Faculty of Law in East Java. Related to the policy of the management of faculties based on the Government Regulation 27/1981, Faculty of Law and Peoples Knowledge (FHPM) University of Brawijaya based on Presidents Decree No 59/1982 dated September 7/1982 is changed into Faculty of Law University of Brawijaya. On 1995, Faculty of Law University of Brawijaya offered Extension Program for Bachelor of Law, legalized by the Decree of Directorate General of Higher Education Number 62/DIKTI/Kep/1999 regarding the opening of Extension Program in Study Program of Law Science in Faculty of Law University of Brawijaya. On 2003 based on the Decree of Directorate General of Higher Education Number 28/DIKTI/Kep/2002, the Extension Program is integrated to regular program. On 1997, Postgraduate of Legal Science Program (S2) was established based on the Decree of Directorate General of Higher Education No 72/DIKTI/Kep/1997. On 2001/2002 Doctoral of Legal Science Program was established based on the permit from Directorate General of Higher Education Number 2365/D/T/2001 dated July 11, 2001. Based on the Decree of National Accreditation Body of Universities 01107/AK/1. 1/UBGIHK/VIII/1998, Faculty of Law University of Brawijaya was accredited with qualification A, and on the decree of National Accreditation Body of Universities Number 06670/Ak-VIII-S1-027/UBGIHK/VII/2005, Faculty of Law University of Brawijaya was accredited with qualification A for the second time.

Currently, Faculty of Law manages three level of education, Undergraduate/Sarjana (S1), Postgraduate (S2) and Doctoral (S3). The Undergraduate of Law (S1) consists of five parts and eight concentrations. While Postgraduate of Legal Science (S2) consists of six specific interests. On 2008, Faculty of Law  opened Postgraduate of Notary Program (S2) based on the Decree of Directorate General of Higher Education Number 1614/D/T/2008. On the same year, Faculty of Law  also opened English class for Undergraduate of Law program. On 2010, the Undergraduate of Law Program was accredited with qualification A for the third time based on the decree of National Accreditation Body of Universities Number 020/2010. Similarly, Postgraduate of Legal Science was accredited with qualification A for the second time based on the decree of National Accreditation Body of Universities Number 014/2010. While Doctoral of Legal Science Program was accredited with qualification B by the Decree of National Accreditation Body of Universities Number 012/2010.

The Pictures of The Deans of Faculty of Law UB:

1-M.-Mardjono.-SH.-1957-1963 2-drs.-konsoebekti.-1964-1966-1968-1971
M. MARDJONO. SH 1957 – 1963 Drs. KONSOEBEKTI. 1964 – 1966 dan 1968 – 1971
3-chabib-sjarbini.-sh.-1966-1967 4-m.-kafrawi.-sh.-1972-1974
CHABIB SJARBINI. SH. 1966 – 1967 M. KAFRAWI. SH. 1972 – 1974
5-a.-masyhur-effendi.-sh.-1974-1979 6-moh.-idris-sh.-1979-1980
A. MASYHUR EFFENDI. SH. 1974 – 1979 MOH. IDRIS. SH. 1979 – 1980
7-m.-kafrawi.-sh-pjs-1980-1982-e1383208868306 8-moch.-munir-sh-1-1982-1984-.-1985-1988
M. KAFRAWI. SH PJS 1980 – 1982 MOCH. MUNIR. SH I. 1982 – 1984 / II. 1985 – 1988
9-a.-mukhtie-fadjar-sh.-ms-1988-1992 10-h.-amir-hamzah-sh-1992-1995-e1383208848645
A. MUKHTIE FADJAR SH. MS. 1988 – 1992 H. AMIR HAMZAH SH 1992 – 1995
11-masruchin-rubai-sh.-ms 12-Dr.-warkum-sumitro-sh.-Mh
MASRUCHIN RUBA’I. SH., MS 1995 – 2001 Dr. WARKUM SUMITRO, SH., MH 2001 – 2006
13-herman-suryokumoro-sh 14-SIHABUDIN
HERMAN SURYOKUMORO. SH 2006 – 2011 Dr. SIHABUDIN, SH. MH 2011 – 2015
RACHMAD SAFA'AT
Dr. RACHMAD SAFA’AT, SH. MSi. 2015 – Sekarang

The Milestone Some of the important moments which marked the scenes of development of Faculty of Law until now can be described as:

YEAR MILESTONE
1957 Faculty of Law was established on July 1st, 1957. Faculty of Law formerly named College of Law and Society Knowledge (PTHPM).
1960 PTHPM was later acknowledged owned by Kotapraja Malang and is a part of Universitas Kotapraja Malang
1961 Universitas Kotapraja Malang became University of Brawijaya.
1963 University of Brawijaya was inaugurated as State University on January 5th 1963 through the letter of Ministry of University and Knowledge No 1/1963. Since then, the Faculty of Law and Society Knowledge (FHPM) University of Brawijaya become one of the State Faculty of Law in East Java.
1982 Faculty of Law and Peoples Knowledge (FHPM) University of Brawijaya based on Presidents Decree No 59/1982 dated September 7/1982 is changed into Faculty of Law University of Brawijaya.
1997 Faculty of Law established study program of Master of Law Science (S2) based on the Decree of Directorate General of Higher Education No 72/DIKTI/Kep/1997.
1998 Bachelor Study Program of Law Science was accredited with qualification A.
2001 Doctoral Program of Law Science was established based on the permit from Directorate General of Higher Education No 2365/D/T/2001 dated July 11, 2001.
2005 Bachelor Study Program of Law Science was accredited with qualification A based on the decree of National Accreditation Body of Universities, No 06670/Ak-VIII-S1-027/UBGIHK/VII/2005.
2006 Faculty of Law  opened Master Program of Notary (S2) based on the Decree of Directorate General of Higher Education No 1614/D/T/2008.
2008 Faculty of Law opened English class for Bachelor of Law program.
2010 Bachelor Study Program of Law Science was accredited with qualification A for the third time based on the decree of National Accreditation Body of Universities No 020/2010.