One of the student development programs in the welfare area is the conduction of scholarship program in University of Brawijaya. As for University of Brawijaya policy on the scholarship is:
University of Brawijaya scholarship are classified into three categories of scholarship, namely:
- Scholarship for underprivileged University of Brawijaya student,
- Academic Achievement Scholarship for achieved University of Brawijaya student,
- Non-Acadamic Achievement Scholaship for non-academic achieved University of Brawijaya student.
Sources of the scholarship grant are as well classified into three categories, namely:
- Scholarships of the Indonesian Directorate of Higher Education fund, which are Peningkatan Prestasi Akademik Scholarship (PPA Scholarship), Bantuan Belajar Mahasiswa Scholarship (BBM Scholarship) and BIDIK MISI Scholarship,
- Scholarships of companies/ bank/ foundations, which are scholarships from Pertamina, Angkasa Pura, PT. Thiess Contractors Indonesia, Bank Indonesia, Bank Rakyat Indonesia, Bank Negara Indonesia, Taspen Foundation, Bank Mandiri and Supersemar Foundation.
- Scholarships of local government fund, which are scholarship from Papuan Government for example.
The number of scholarship achieving student on 2012 is reaching 188 students. This number, however, declines from the 2011 number which was reaching 198 students.
For further information in regard of the latest scholarship offers, be sure to check beasiswa.ub.ac.id on the section “berita”.
For information in regard of the scholarship achiever students, the scholarship application schedule, scholarship withdrawal schedule, scholarship requirement informations, be sure to click on the section “pengumuman”.